Your browser does not support JavaScript


How do I get a copy of a fire or EMS incident report?
Call the fire department at 513-733-5537. It can usually be available for pick-up, e-mailed, or sent via regular mail.

How can I become a paid on-call firefighter/EMT?
You can e-mail Chief Todd Owens ( or call 513-733-5537. We are always looking for recruits and consider the paid on-call members a valuable asset.

How can I find out what programs the Fire Department offers?
You may visit our Public Education page on our website or call 513-733-5537.

How do I arrange or schedule a tour of the fire department?
You may arrange a tour of the Fire Department by contacting us at 513-733-5537 during regular office hours.

Do you get cats out of trees or off of roofs?
It depends on the situation. We have found that cats will most of time come down on their own. We suggest to place some cat food in the area, leaving the area and waiting for the cat to get down on its own.

Where can I go to get my blood pressure checked?
The fire station located at 1000 Market St. (Pike & Market Sts.) between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.

Where can I find out about CPR classes?
We offer the CPR for Family and Friends course. Contact for more information. CPR is also taught by the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross.

What are the rules regarding home recreational fires?
Our rules regarding recreational fires can be found on the following link: Recreational Fires

Who do I call about a fire extinguisher that doesn’t work?
Look in the yellow pages under fire extinguisher.

Why do so many fire fighters and fire vehicles respond to simple incidents?
Fire Department units are dispatched according to the information received by the 9-1-1 operator. The Reading Fire Department thinks cautiously when responding to requests for help. In other words, the firefighters are prepared to deal with the worst that could happen. Discovering that we need more units once we arrive is often too late. We have learned from experience that its better to have too much help than not enough.

Why do fire trucks respond to emergency medical calls?
Fire trucks respond when there are multiple emergency medical calls. Normally there are two additional firefighter/paramedics on station that will respond in a pumper truck. This pumper truck is equipped with advanced life support equipment.

Why do fire trucks respond to motor vehicle accidents?
First, automobile accidents present hazards such as potential fire, ruptured fuel tanks, and/or the presence of hazardous materials. Second, since they are firefighter/paramedics, they can assist with patient care if the hazards are not present.

What do I do if I have water in my basement?
Contact the Fire Department if water is into your furnace, water heater, other electrical appliances, or involving and electrical receptacles. If your flooding is wastewater from the public sewer system, phone MSD Call Center at 513-352-4900 within 24 hours. Inventory and document your damages: photos, descriptions of items, age, and cost when purchased. File and submit a claim form (provided by MSD or it is available on the their website). Additional information can be found at

About 9-1-1
The Hamilton County 9-1-1 system includes both automatic number identification and automatic location identification. These enhancements display to a dispatcher the caller’s telephone number and the location from which the 9-1-1 call is being placed. These features allow a 9-1-1 dispatcher to call you back and/or send help when a 9-1-1 call is accidentally disconnected or the caller is unable to communicate.

Can I call 9-1-1 from my cell phone?
Yes. Current federal regulations require that 911 Centers and cell phone companies have the capacity to locate a cell phone caller regardless of their location. In accordance with this regulation, all cell phones are equipped with a GPS locator that is activated only when the operator places a 911 call.

Why am I not supposed to drive over a fire hose?
Firefighters are very concerned about citizens driving over fire hoses because the hose may be damaged by the vehicle and any firefighter at the end of a nozzle will experience a rapid water interruption and reactivation, which may possibly cause injury or death to a firefighter. Any hose that is driven over without protection has to be removed from service and tested.

How do I apply for a Hydrant Use Permit?
To obtain a permit, contact the Reading Fire Department at 513-733-5537 during regular office hours.

I am selling my home, does the Fire Department have any requirements?
If the home is protected with a fire alarm system, make sure the current contact information is updated with the alarm company and Fire Department.

Who do I contact if my power goes out?
Duke Energy provides electricity to properties in the City of Reading. If your power goes out during a storm or other emergency, call Duke Energy’s 24 hour customer service line at 1-800-543-5599. Even if the outage appears to be throughout your neighborhood, assuming someone else has called to report the outage can delay response time.

Location Marker
City of Reading, Ohio, 1000 Market Street
Reading, OH 45215-3209
Phone Icon
Call Us
(513) 733-3725

Administration, Water, and Tax Office Hours: 8:30 AM - 4:30PM

City of Reading, OH

Copyright © 2024 - City of Reading Ohio. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions